Lab Grade, Easy to Use, High Performance.
Milwaukee MI490 Photometer is for users demanding fast, reliable, repeatable results with ease of use.
The Milwaukee MI490 Photometer features manual zero point calibration and fast operation in a rugged design.
The Milwaukee Photometer is ideal for users in food and olive oil production applications. This meter is also ideal for educators that want their students to learn the basics of olive oil quality analysis to apply in the real world .
The Milwaukee MI490 Photometer offers:
The MI490 microprocessor delivers fast results with accuracy of ±0.5 meq O2 / kg and is repeatable.
Easy To Use and Toughness
This rugged meter is designed to take knocks. It's low maintenance design paired with easy to use reagents makes the MI490 ideal for everyone from educators, quality lab professionals to olive oil producers and growers.
- Fast easy to read results with large digital LCD readout.
- Accurate to ±0.5 meq O2 / kg and a range 0.0 to 25.0 meq O2 / kg.
- Lightweight, ergonomic and portable.
- Easy measurement: just mix the oil in the vial sample, gently shake, insert the cuvette, zero the meter then mix the reagents and read.
- Simple easy reagent vials.
- Easy 1-2-3 instruction steps.
- Auto shut off after 15 minutes of non-use, 4 x 1.5 volt AA bateries (batteries included).
- Adaptation of the CE n. 2568/97 Method.
Built In Timer
MI490 has a built in timer that ensures appropriate reaction time is used for the chemical reaction. At the end of the timer, the meter will automatically take the reading. This feature ensures consistency across multiple users.
The MI490 has a built in indexing indent on the meter - The meter has an indent that allows for a lock and key fit with the cuvette cap. This ensures that the cuvette is indexed consistently (same position) in order to maintain the same path length for accurate results.
The MI490 has built in error messaging display alerts. This helps the user ensure no mistakes are made in the testing process. Messages include light high, light low, inverted sample procedure, overrange readings and zero cal error to ensure the user has the most accurate error free readings.
The MI490 has a simple to use zero point calibration. Simply insert the Perioxide reagent vial with 1 mL of oil sample into the chamber after shaking, index the cuvette and press the zero button. Your calibration is complete.
- Peroxide in Olive Oil Photometer, Range: 0.0 to 25.0 meq O2 / kg
- Resolution: 0.5 meq O2 / kg
- Accuracy ± 0.5 meq O2 / kg
- Method: adaptation of the CE n. 2568/97 Method
- Light Source: Tungsten Lamp
- Light Detector: Silicon photocell with narrow band interference filter @466 nm
- Operating Environment: 0 to 50 C 32 to 122 F / Max. RH 95%
- Battery Type: 4 X 1.5V AA (included)
- Auto-off: after 15 minutes of non-use
- Meter Dimensions / Weight: 8.7 x 3.3 x 3.12 inches (225 x 85 x 80 mm)
- Meter Weight: 1.1 lbs. (0.5 kg)
- Packaging Dimensions: 13 x 10 x 5 inches (340 x 216 x 118 mm)
- Packaged Weight: 4.0 lbs (1.76 kg)
- Glass Reagent Vials: Mi590-021 (10 tests included)