The Milwaukee MW605 MAX Galvanic Portable Waterproof Dissolved Oxygen meter is one of Milwaukee's most popular meters with its reliable and fast operation as well as its accuracy.
The Milwaukee MW605 MAX DO Meter is preferred by people looking for lab level accuracy without the cost. The Milwaukee DO Meter is popular with everyone from field biologists, educators, fish farmers, koi pond owners, water treatement plants and labs.
- Fast, easy-to-read results with large digital LCD readout.
- Galvanic probe means no conditioning time.
- Repeatable, accuracy to 1.5% of reading.
- Water Proof IP 67 Rated.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Simple 1 or 2 % saturation calibration points at 100% (water saturated air) and 0% (zero oxygen solution).
- Dedicated GLP key to store and recall data on system status.
- Available log space for up to 1000 records.
- Logged data export via USB cable.
- Altitude and Salinity compensation.
- Automatic temperature compensation °F & °C.
- Uses MA860 (included) reinforced Galvanic probe with an oxygen-permeable polytetrafluroethylene (PTFE) membrane sensor.
- 2 O-rings, membranes and one protective cap included.
- 10 feet probe cable for extra flexibility when testing.
- 3 x 1.5 volt akaline AA battery (battery included) aprox. 200 hours of battery life with continuous use with low battery warning.
Care and Maintenance
The silver cathode should always be bright and untarnished. If it is tarnished or stained, the cathode should be cleaned gently witha lint-free cloth.
- Rinse the probe with deionized or distilled water.
- Replace the membrane cap using fresh electrolyte.
- Recalibrate meter.
- For accurate and stable measurements, perfect condition of the membrane surface is needed. Protect the thin membrane from scratches, abrasion or contact with solids.
- If no measurements are taken for a few hours, protect the membrane with the plastic protective cap.
- If fouled, rinse it carefully with distilled or deionized water. If damaged, replace the membrane cap.
Note: Change the membrane every 8 weeks or more frequently if used in a specially fouling environment. Check and replace the electrolyte fill solution every 4 weeks.
- After taking measurements, switch the meter off and clean the probe before storage. When not in use the probe should be stored with the plastic cap on.
For short term storage, the probe can also be stored in a beaker of deionized water with the protective plastic cap removed.
For long term storage, the probe should be stored dry:
1. Disconnet the probe from the meter.
2. Unscrew the membrane cap.
3. Remove any electrolyte solution from the cap.
4. Rinse the probe anode/cathode assembly with distilleed water and blot dry.
5. Screw the membrane cap onto the probe until the membrane cap is hand tight.
- O2 Range*: 0.0 to 45.00 mg/L (ppm)
- O2 Range: 0.0 to 300.0 % Saturation
- Range Temperature**: -20.0 to 120.0 °C (-4.0 to 248.0 °F)
- O2Resolution: 0.01 mg/L (ppm) / 0.1 % Saturation
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1 °C (0.1 °F)
- O2 Accuracy: ±1.5% of reading ± 1 digit
- Temperature Accuracy: ± 0.4°C (±0.8°F)
- Calibration: One or Two % saturation calibration points 0 % (MA9070) and 100 % (water saturated air)
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic, from 0.0 to 50.0°C (32.0 to 122.0 °F)
- Altitude compensation: -500 to 4,000 m (-1,640' to 13,123') with 100 m (328') resolution
- Salinity Compensation: Manual, from 0 to 40 g/L ( with 1 g/L resolution)
- Logging/Memory: Max. 1,000 log records (stored in up to 100 lots) / On Demand, 200 logs / On Stability, 200 logs / Interval logging, 1,000 logs
- PC Connectivity: 1 micro USB port
- Battery Type: 3 x 1.5V alkaline AA (included)
- Battery Life: Approx. 200 hours of use
- Environment: 0 to 50°C / 32 to 122°F; max RH 95%
- Dimensions Meter: 8 x 3.3 x 2.0 inches (200 x 85 x 50 mm)
- Dimensions Packaging: 14 x 12 x 6.0 inches (355.6 x 304.8 x 152.4 mm)
- Weight Meter: 0.57 lbs (260 g)
- Weight Packaged: 5.0 lbs (2.27 kg)
- Probe MA860:
- Galvanic Probe included
- Temperature Range: 0.0 to 50.0°C / 32.0 to 122.0°F
- Temperature Sensor: Built in Thermistor
- Cathode: Silver
- Anode: Zinc
- Membranes: Oxygen permeable PTFE (2) included
- Connector Socket: DIN 7pins
- Body: PP, ABS, IP67 rating
- Cable: Jacket material: PP
- * Do measurement is performed within automatic temperature compensation interval.
- ** Limits will be reduced to actual sensor limits.