The MA886 digital refractometer uses the refractive index to determine sodium chloride concentration in aqueous solutions used in food preparation. The MA886 is not designed for measuring salinity in sea or aquarium water. Use MA887 for this application.
The MA886 utilizes internationally recognized references for unit conversion and temperature compensation. It can display the measurement of NaCl concentration in 4 different ways: g/100 g, g/100 mL, Specific Gravity, and °Baumé.
Temperature (in °C or °F) is displayed simultaneously with the measurement (on 3 of the ranges) on the large dual level display along with icons for "Low Power" and other helpful message codes.
With the MA886, you can get a digital readout within seconds accurate to ±2 ppt with automatic temperature compensation (ATC).
- Fast, accurate results with digital dual level LED readout
- Easy measurement with just 2-3 drops of sample needed and results less than 2 seconds
- Automatically temperature compensated
- Simple one-point calibration using distilled or deionized water
- Easy to clean, stainless steel sample well with unit rated to IP65 as "dust tight" and protected against water jets
- Battery percent level indicator with automatic shut-off (batteries included)
Thank you for considering Milwaukee to help you take your results to the next level.
- Range: 0 to 28 g/100 g | 0 to 34 g/100 ml | 1.000 to 1.216 Specific Gravity| 0 to 26 ° Baumé | 0 - 80 C / 32 - 175 F
- Resolution: 0.1 g/100 g | 0.1 g/100 ml | 0.001 Specific Gravity | 0.1 ° Baumé | 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Accuracy: ±0.2 g/100 g | ±0.2 g/100 ml | ±0.002 Specific Gravity | ±0.2 ° Baumé | ±0.3°C / ±0.5°F
- Light Source: Yellow LED
- Measurements Time: Approximately 1.5 seconds
- Minimum Sample Volume: 100 µL (cover prism totally)
- Sample Cell: Stainless steel ring and flint glass prism
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic between 10 and 40°C / 50 to 104°F
- Case Material: ABS
- Battery: Type 1 x 9V AA (included)
- Battery Life: 5000 readings
- Auto-shut off: After 3 minutes of non-use
- Enclosure Rating: IP65
- Dimensions Meter: 7.6 x 4 x 2.64 inches (192 x 102 x 67 mm)
- Weight Meter: .93 lbs (0.42 kg)
- Dimensions Package: 11 x 6.8 x 4.6 inches (268 x 172 x 118 mm)
- Weight Packaged: 1.46 lbs (0.66 kg)